This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Schreiber Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
All cheese is great. But not all cheese is equal. Likewise, all dips are wonderful, but not all dips are equal. There are just some that are bit better than others.
I’m cheese obsessed. And if it’s melty and gooey, I’m even more obsessed. I could eat cheese any time of day, in any form, and seriously not feel bad about it.
While at Big Y the other day, I came across a new favorite cheesy love of mine and I’m not sure how I’ve previously existed in life without it. I’ve always known about Heluva Good! ® as I typically keep a couple blocks of their cheese (and their dip) stocked in my refrigerator, but I was very happy to discover a flavor I did not previously know they had. Heluva Good! Jalapeño Jack (Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapeño Peppers) is amazing. Seriously. It’s amazing. If I wasn’t already in love with cheese. I fell in love all over again. (And if you’re looking for a few other personal favorites you should also check out Heluva Good! Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Heluva Good! Colby Jack.)
I suggest you make them a staple in your refrigerator as well.
Why? Because they’re versatile. And good for, well, everything: quick snacks, tasty bites, parties, that season premiere of that show you’ve been waiting all year long for, and my personal favorite, creating gooey, cheesy, scoopable dips.
It’s hard to find dishes that you can serve and utilize all year round. Some dishes you save for that summer party but would be weird if you pulled it out at the winter Christmas party. In my kitchen we try to keep to seasonal ingredients, utilizing what is fresh, and at its peak during the year, and sometimes that leaves you slightly yearning for a different time of year where you can devour that seasonal dish you’ve been craving for weeks and haven’t been able to put out of your head.
But then you have dishes like this one: Jalapeño Jack and Beef Queso Dip. It’s year round. You’ll never have to yearn a single moment for that time of year where it’s appropriate to pull out that dish.
This dip is everything I could ever want in a melty cheese dish. Trust me, it’s everything YOU want in a dip. It’s cheesy, it’s beefy, it’s spicy, it’s smooth, it’s rich, it’s complete comfort in your mouth, AND (the big and), you can serve it all year round. When those summer parties are in full swing – bring this queso dip. When you need something warm and comforting on a snowy day in – make this queso dip. When it’s game day – make this queso dip. I’m serious. Make this queso dip.
It’s easy. Any skill level in the kitchen can make this dish. It’s even a good one to teach the kids to make. Dips are fun to share, why not share the fun of creating them too?
Queso dip is the perfect snack or appetizer for any and all occasions. But the secret? You have to use Heluva Good!
All you have to do is brown the beef, add the seasonings, and reserve. Create your cheese sauce and then add it all together with some spicy jalapeños, salsa, and scallions. Boom. Done. A big warm, bowl, of shareable deliciousness is ready to go just like that.
Let me know in the comments what your favorite occasion for making this dip would be and don’t forget to bring plenty of tortilla chips – you’re going to need them.
Be sure to check out other great cheese at Heluva Good! Cheese
- 1 pound of ground beef
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ cup of good quality salsa
- 1 small jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons of chopped scallions
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup of flour
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 8 oz block of Heluva Good! Jalapeño Jack Cheese
- 1 8 oz block of Heluva Good! Extra Sharp Cheddar Reserve
- Heat a heavy bottom skillet to medium high heat. Brown ground beef well and then season with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Remove and reserve.
- Turn heat down to low. Melt butter and then add flour, whisking continuously for approximately two minutes. Do not let flour burn. Add milk and continue whisking to ensure that there are no lumps. Continue cooking until the milk begins to thicken, stirring occasionally. Add your cheeses a handful at a time and stir to melt. Season with Salt and Pepper to Taste. Add your salsa.
- To serve, place ground beef in bottom of a bowl. Pour cheese sauce over. Garnish with jalapenos and scallions. Serve with Tortilla chips or your favorite cheese dipping snack.