Next time you’re having company over you need to make this for a snack or an appetizer. I’m serious. Super serious. Do you know how serious that is?
Once again, This is a favorite recipe to have in my back pocket because I know that the components are A) easy to make ahead, B) easy to assemble and C) Give longevity to a few herbs or vegetables you may have left over in the refrigerator and don’t want to spoil. (Repurpose! Repurpose! Repurpose!).
The idea is simple: Tasty ricotta is mixed with some garlic (love me some garlic), blistered cherry tomatoes are sprinkled with a hint of balsamic, and then paired with a dab of bright basil pesto to finish it off. All on top of a crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside crostini. NOM. NOM. NOM..ANNNND….NOM.
Assemble the crostini’s right before serving or put the components out for guests to assemble themselves as they go.
- 1 batch of crostini
- 1 recipe blistered tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons Finley chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt
- ¼ cup prepared basil pesto
- Mix the ricotta with the minced garlic, chopped parsley, lemon juice, and season to taste with salt.
- Assemble the crostini as you serve them or just moments before to keep the integrity of the crostini crisp on on the outside and soft in the middle.
- Spread each toasted slice with a thin layer of ricotta, place a few tomatoes on top, and finish it off with a light drizzle of the pesto.
Crostini Recipe HERE
Blistered Tomato Recipe HERE